Friday to Sunday Sep 27-29: Photo Workshop to Algonquin Park, Ontario.
$250 per person plus accommodation, transportation, food & park entrance fee
Algonquin Park in Autumn – Sep 27 to 29 – 2019
CONTACT US FOR REGISTRATION AT
Only 4 spots available!
Algonquin Park is famous for its extensive northern forest habitats. Its large stands of beautiful, uninterrupted coniferous and deciduous forest attract a great variety of wildlife. The timing of this special three-day photography workshop is based on historical records regarding its peak fall colours. We’ll look for kaleidoscopic tones in the deciduous trees like Red Oak, Sugar Maple and Staghorn Sumac. We’ll also search for interesting patterns of warm hues mixed with cooler greens among the abundant conifers. We plan to start early morning with hopes of catching mist rising from the ponds, creeks and bogs. With luck, we’ll find a large mammal, like a bull moose, wandering through the mist. We’ll also search for other interesting mammals like American Marten, Mink, River Otter and American Beaver. We often find birds like Canada Jays, Spruce Grouse, Evening Grosbeak and Black-backed Woodpecker (just to name a few). This is Ontario’s most accessible northern wilderness, and we’ll hike some of the more leisurely trails in search of endless and colourful vistas. Some of them rank among the most spectacular in the province. We’ll take our time to study the surroundings with the intention of capturing prize-winning images. If time and conditions permit, we’ll go out at night for some star photography. If we do, we’ll also listen for owls, American Woodcock, and possibly wolves.
Suitable for photographers of all levels, this three-day workshop provides participants with some practical photography techniques such as:
1) Using nature’s clues to find good subjects to photograph.
2) Using proper field techniques to achieve good exposure and sharpness.
3) Selecting strong compositions in a colourful natural environment.
* Subjects we’ll look for include landscape, scenery, people, wildlife, close-up/macro, creative lines & patterns.
* Instructors will guide participants while in the field. They’ll also review images/results with them.
* We leave Ottawa very early on Friday morning Sep. 27 (6:00am).
* You will all need to book accommodations in the Whitney area where it makes a convenient base to explore the park.
* Depending on weather and photo opportunities, our plan is to leave the park Sunday afternoon on Sep. 29, returning to Ottawa before 9:00pm
* We plan to keep the number of vehicles to a minimum. Car Pooling will be arranged.
* Dinners on Friday and Saturday will be at a restaurant in Whitney.
Maximum Participation limited to 8 people (4 people have already registered as of Aug.26).
$ 250 per person – Cost is for guide/instruction service only.
Not included in our cost is: Accommodations ($100+ per night), Transportation, Food, and Park Entrance Fee
More details to follow shortly to those that have confirmed participation.