COVID-19 UPDATE OCTOBER 17 – 2020:
Read Health Canada’s guidelines and do not attend if you have any risk factors including recent travel or contact with someone who has travelled, symptoms of a viral infection, contact with someone who has symptoms, etc.
We hope you’re enjoying the fall as much as we are. Both birds and colours were dazzling this season. However, as the autumn progresses, daylight hours shorten, and deciduous trees rapidly lose their leaves.
In a predictable manner, our local wildlife is adapting to the season. Warblers, vireos, swallows and flycatchers have gone while waterfowl, raptors, sparrows and kinglets are arriving in good numbers. Most interesting are scattered early reports of northern finches and Bohemian Waxwings. Does this mean we can expect an exciting winter? Time will tell.
Sadly, the current pandemic situation isn’t improving. With this in mind, Always An Adventure Inc. will continue to operate our Photo Workshops and Birding Excursions in the same manner as we have since the spring. We will only run private/customized programs for individuals. However, some exceptions can be made for small groups. Please let us know what you’d like and we will cater to your needs.
Below are some suggestions for fall birding excursions. If you have any specific target bird species you’d like to see, we’ll be delighted to help you achieve your goals.
Photography enthusiasts: Contact us with your wishes and desires, and we will create a customized program specifically for you.
Please Stay Healthy & Safe
- Carpooling is discouraged (some exceptions might be allowed)
- We require that all participants must wear face masks during all indoor activities, or in situations where we get closer than 2 metres to any people.
- While outdoors, if you practice social distancing (2 metres apart), you won’t be required to wear a mask.
- Follow hygiene precautions during restroom and coffee breaks
- Take precautions if you sneeze or cough, i.e., cover your nose and mouth with a clean tissue and use hand sanitizer
- Sanitize frequently
- Do not share binos, scopes, or other items without sanitizing first
- Please bring hand sanitizer, mask and clean tissues
- Always An Adventure Inc will have disinfecting wipes available at all outings and workshops.
- Excursions are open for 1-2 participants. We will accept more if all participants are from the same social circle